Apple TV is becoming increasingly popular worldwide. With every new model, the technology giant Apple introduces an amazing and breathtaking feature on the television. It’s fun to watch your favorite shows and movies on Apple TV. However, we are all often faced with situations where the Apple TV needs to be factory reset.
The need to reset the TV to factory settings can have several reasons: we often want to change the settings we have set or, often, due to a technical problem, we need to reset our Apple TV to factory settings.
We often face connectivity issues and to fix them, we sometimes have to reset our Apple TV to factory settings. If you reset the TV to the factory settings, the accounts and all configuration settings will be erased. All downloaded applications will also be deleted upon reboot, so you can configure the TV again as you wish.
Before we start if you are looking to buy active Instagram followers then check out gpc.fm as they are very good at it.
In this article, we provide some simple and easy to use methods to factory reset your Apple TV.
1 . USE THE TV REMOTE TO RESET THE FIQTORI.
This is the easiest way to reset the TV to factory settings.
- First connect the TV with an HDMI cable and turn on the TV. Then you have to turn on the TV with the remote control. If your remote doesn’t work, you can restore your Apple TV using iTunes on Windows and older versions of macOS, or you can use the Finder on Catalina macOS.
- Now go to the settings menu and select SYSTEM if you have a third-generation Apple TV, and select GENERAL in case of a second-generation Apple TV.
- Find the RESET option that is right for you. Different Apple TV models have different options. From there, you can restore all default settings.
- After restarting, wait until the operation is complete and make sure there is no power outage during the operation. Once the process is complete, your Apple TV will be reset to the factory version and you can update it accordingly.
Also read: 7 ways to maximize home air conditioning efficiency
2 . RESET FACTOR USE ITUNES FACTOR.
We’ve often been in a situation where we couldn’t find the TV remote, but still had to reboot. If you follow this method, you can easily reset the TV without using the remote control.
- First, turn off the TV and unplug the HDMI cable from the wall outlet.
- Now turn on your computer and open iTunes. You can only access iTunes on a Windows PC or an older version of MacOS.
- Connect the TV and the computer with a USB cable. If you have a fourth-generation Apple TV. Generation, you need a USB-C cable. For 2nd and 3rd generation Apple TVs. The generation uses a micro USB cable. Be careful when connecting to the USB port, as the back of the TV can sometimes give a slight jolt.
- Now switch to the Apple TV option in iTunes. Here you can reset your Apple TV. After selecting the recovery option, simply wait for the process to complete and wait for the confirmation message. At the end of the process, you are done resetting your Apple TV.
Also read : Air conditioning problems – treat them like a pro.
3 . REBOOT APPLE TV WITH THE SEARCH ENGINE (MAC OS CATALINA) .
This is another very simple hack to reset your Apple TV at the factory.
- Start the process by turning off the TV and disconnecting the HDMI cable.
- Connect the TV and the computer with a USB cable. If you have a fourth-generation Apple TV. Generation, you need a USB-C cable. For 2nd and 3rd generation Apple TVs. The generation uses a micro USB cable.
- Now open the Finder on your computer. The finder has an icon that looks like a smiling blue and white face. You can find the search in the Dock at the bottom of the screen.
- Now open the sidebar and select the Apple TV option. Here you will find two options. One to update your Apple TV and one to factory reset your Apple TV.
- Press the option to reset the settings to factory defaults. Wait for a confirmation message when the process is complete. Just make sure there are no power outages during the process. Once the process is complete, your Apple TV will be reset to the factory version and you can update it accordingly.
4 . THE FACTOR RESET APELE TV WITH YOUR IOS STATUS.
If you can’t find your TV remote, but still want to factory reset your Apple TV, all you need is your iOS device.
- Connect your iO device to the same Wi-Fi network that your Apple TV is connected to.
- Now download the Apple TV Remote app from the Apple Store to your device. Launch this application on your phone.
- Next, you need to add the Apple TV option and then select Apple TV. You may need to enter the 4-digit confirmation code that flashes on the Apple TV screen.
- After entering the code, you can access the parameters. In the settings, you will find the option to factory reset your Apple TV. After selecting the recovery option, simply wait for the process to complete and wait for the confirmation message. At the end of the process, you are done resetting your Apple TV.
Also read : Learn these simple steps to merge your post.
5 . FACTORY RESET APPLE TV WITH THIRD PARTY TOOL.
If you can’t factory reset your Apple TV using the above methods, you may need to use a third-party tool like TunesKit iOS System Recovery.
- With TunesKit iOS System Recovery, you can solve various problems related to Apple TV, such as B. Apple TV won’t update, black screen of death, Apple TV stuck in recovery mode, etc.
- To reset your Apple TV with iTunesKit, connect your TV and computer with a USB cable. If you have a fourth-generation Apple TV. Generation, you need a USB-C cable. For 2nd and 3rd generation Apple TVs. The generation uses a micro USB cable.
- Then download and install the TunesKit iOS System Recovery software on your computer. Let it run after the installation is complete.
- Once your TV is detected by iTunesKit, click the Start option to begin. Now switch to advanced mode to factory reset your Apple TV, which will erase your data on the TV.
- To reset your Apple TV to its defaults, you need to download the firmware. After selecting the option, click Next and confirm the download of the software package, a new dialog box will appear.
- After installing the firmware, click the Restore button and TunesKit will start resetting the Apple TV without the remote. After selecting the recovery option, simply wait for the process to complete and wait for the confirmation message. The result of this process is a reset of your Apple TV.
how to reset apple tv (3rd generation),how to reset apple tv without computer,how to reset apple tv 2nd gen,how to factory reset apple tv without remote,if i reset my apple tv will i lose everything,how long does it take to restore apple tv,reset apple tv 1st generation without remote,bricked apple tv,apple tv frozen,apple tv troubleshooting,apple tv not responding to remote,old apple tv not working,how to reset apple tv password,apple tv remote,reset apple tv without remote or wifi