With each new announcement, Mario & Sonic presents itself better and better at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. The retro mode introduced in the last Nintendo Direct looked great, and now there are even more multiplayer games to discover. Check out the new trailer and PR below.
Step out of reality and into a fantasy world with Mario & Sonic at Dream Events – a rich and fast-paced experience with your favorite characters that offers a whole new level of party fun you won’t find anywhere else, starting at age 5. November!
Shooting dreams: Aim and shoot at a series of targets placed around a traditional Japanese farm in this scoring game! Flying snakes appear at various intervals throughout the game, which the player can target for bonus points.
The dream karate: Fight for the emptiest spots on the field to expand your territory. Combine lightning fast karate action with a free game! Any room where an enemy falls on your hand catches fire. The winner is the player or team that lights up the most free space at the end of the round. It’s a mess, a mess of fun!
Dream Match: Jump on a hoverboard and run down a hilly course full of power-ups and challenging obstacles. Use tricks to gain speed and take the lead. First one to fall wins!
These exciting parties are only available in Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, available in America on the 5th. And in Europe on November 8. November!
What you need to know about Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics:
- A whole new story: Help Mario and Sonic escape from the Tokyo 64 2D console.
- 10 classic events in 2D : Experience Mario and Sonic at the Olympics in a whole new way with classic 2D versions of 10 events from the 1964 Tokyo Olympics.
- More: New 3D events : Surfing, skateboarding, karate and sport climbing have been added to the already presented 17 3D semi-finals. With so many options, everyone has the opportunity to play sports!
- Many ways to play* : Decide exclusively on the Nintendo Switch who the real champion is, and use the fun and flexibility of Joy-Con controllers to your advantage.
- Split screen and online fun** : Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics offers multiplayer entertainment for all ages and groups, both locally on the split screen and online.
- Play with the fans’ favorite characters: Choose from the stellar Mario & Sonic family including Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Peach, Amy, Dr. Eggman, Yoshi, Tails, Metal Sonic, Donkey Kong and more!
Enjoy 10 different classic 2D activities with friends and family:
- 10 meter platform (diving)
- Barriers of 400 m
- Gymnastics – Vault
- Individual kayak (K-1) 1000m.
- The big jump
- Shooting – Trap
You can also throw, jump, climb, surf and more in 21 3D activities:
- Barriers of 110 m
- 4 x 100 m relays
- Double canoe (C-2) 1000m.
- Discus throw
- Equestrian – Jumping
- Football (Soccer)
- Gymnastics – floor exercises
- Karate – Kumite
- Rugby sisters
- Skateboard – Park
- Sport climbing
- Surf – Shortboard
- Swimming – 100 m freestyle
- Table tennis
- Triple jump
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published in various media. He is currently an editor and contributor to Age of Games.
How to load…
how to unlock dream events in mario and sonic at the olympic games, mario and sonic at the olympic winter games ds dream events, mario and sonic events, mario and sonic at the olympic games ds dream events, dream shooting mario and sonic, mario and sonic at the olympic games dream race, mario and sonic at the olympic games – all events, mario and sonic at the olympic games dream table tennis special move