TouchWiz UX update hitting your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 starting August 5th.
Samsung had a press event today announcing the official release of their TouchWiz UX update for the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet. Those at the event and people in the NYC area can get their device side-loaded with the update today, and the it will start hitting the general public on August 5th. This update brings a overhaul to the user interface on the currently stock Honeycomb (Android 3.1) device. A break down of what the update includes is below.
- Live Panel: Magazine-like widget view for immediate access to weather, social updates, email, news, photo gallery, all on the home screen. The visual layout of Live Panel is completely customizable for one-touch entry into each user’s most important information.
- Mini Mode Tray: One-touch access to commonly used applications–Task Manager, Calendar, World Clock, Pen Memo, Calculator, Music–which overlay in a pop-up window on display screen for powerful multi-tasking.
- Clipboard: Advanced copy & paste functionality allows Galaxy Tab 10.1 users to store photos, Web pages, YouTube links, etc., on the clipboard for easy sharing via email and social network sites.
- Indicator Quick Panel: Quickly toggle on/off Wi-Fi, notifications, sound, brightness and settings in lower right hand corner of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 display.
- Photo Editor: Rotate, crop and adjust colors on high quality digital images
You can check out the press release for even more detail on what this update entails.