HTC Flyer up for pre-order at Best Buy on April 25th.
The HTC Flyer will be available for pre-order starting on April 25th. The device will sell for $499 and will ship sometime later this spring (no exact date given). Best Buy is the exclusive provider of the WiFi-only version of the HTC Flyer. Sprint will be selling the 4G version called the Evo View 4G. The HTC Flyer is an Android 2.3 tablet, but it will use a new tablet version of HTC’s Sense UI.
The HTC Flyer’s most interesting feature is the digital pen it comes with. HTC has heavily customized Android to better support the pens use. The use of stylus was a mainstay of the original tablets of years passed, but since the iPad, most have forgone this ability since they are more finger friendly with their capacitive screens. It will be interesting to see what type of consumer interest the Flyer and the Evo View 4G garner.
- Two cameras: rear (5MP) and front (1.3MP) that support video chat
- 7″ touch screen (1024 x 600 TFT) that takes input from fingers or optional digital pen
- Wi-Fi capability (802.11 b/g/n)
- Android operating system with access to apps from Android Market
- Adobe Flash support
- Bluetooth 3.0 with stereo headsets lets you enjoy music and movies wirelessly
- Output to larger screens enabled through MHL port and DLNA capability
- SRS WOW HD surround sound delivers audio over the dual speakers or through headphones
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm processor provides ample power
- 16GB internal memory with expansion through microSD slot
- Sensors include: G-sensor, GPS/aGPS, digital compass, ambient light sensor