Archos 101 revisited.
The Archos 101 has been around for a little while now and Archos has blessed it with a few updates to help get things running smoothly. While it isn’t all peaches and cream these updates have gone a long way to fixing some of the issues that were around when the 101 released. Check out the video to see how things are working now.
In the video I mention going over the Market fix. I forgot to do so. However it is relatively easy to accomplish. Here is how:
- Open market and then go back to Home with the Home button. This will leave Market running.
- Go to Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Running Tab.
- Scroll down until you find market and tap on it.
- Clear cache and then Force stop Market.
- Now find Google Services Framework and tap on it.
- Clear Data and Force stop.
- (optional) Go back to your Home screen and then try to open Market. You should get an error. If you don’t then redo the above steps.
- Open Market and check for apps that were not there before. They should now show up. Some other apps might disappear unfortunately but no clear fix has been found so far.
The gapps install file can be found at XDA-Devlopers.
Posted by Randy Pinneta